How to Build Backlinks in 2019
What are backlinks?
Backlinks are one of the most important components of Search Engine Optimization. Backlinks are links that are directed back to your website and gives an indication of the importance or authority of your website to the search engines.
Why are backlinks important for SEO?
They help index your website on Google more easily. Backlinks enable Google spiders to find and crawl through pages that help with faster indexing of your website. In addition, backlinks help boost credibility and online reputation. Backlinks to your website are also gauged by how relevant and legitimate they are. One authoritative link from a .edu or a .gov website weighs more than a thousand spam backlinks. At the end or the day, Google’s goal is to deliver to its users, the searchers, the most accurate recommendation based on the websites’ reputation on the Internet.
Top 5 Backlink strategies for 2019
Let’s take a look at some of the strategies for building backlinks in 2019.
- Create high-quality content that is relevant to the area of your business. Ensure it is one of the most sought out content online, that also has shareability factor to it. As long as you satisfy the user intent with your targeted content, influencers or readers may pick it up themselves and give you a backlink. This technique is also called Skyscraper 2.0, it is all about the content and paying attention to user intent.
- Keep an eye out for your competitors’ backlinks. Use tools like SEMRush to search for backlinks pointing back to your competitors’ website. Once you have the list of websites that have provided backlinks to your competitors in place, check if you can do the same for your website too.
- Find out relevant guest post opportunities on websites that are relevant to your niche. Ensure the spam score on the website is 2 or less and ask them to provide backlinks to your website combining it with relevant content.
- Find out broken links through site explorer using Ahref.com. Once you have found all the broken links pointing to your website, ask the website administrator to replace it with the right one. Do the same for the links pointing out to outdated resources.
- Earn highly authoritative backlinks through stock photo sites and image attribution. Not many are aware of this technique of building backlinks. Upload some high-resolution images to free stock image sites like Pixabay.com, Unsplash, Flickr and so on. This helps tap into their audiences looking for relevant images. When someone downloads the image, ensure the terms are clear to credit the author by adding a link back to the authors’ site.
If you start getting high-quality backlinks to your website, it will start building your site’s authority.